As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Reporting to the President of a state chartered bank, the Assistant Vice President would be responsible for overseeing the retirement trust business which includes: custodial and trustee services for corporate, government and tax exempt retirement plans of every kind, including qualified and non-qualified plans, Individual Retirement Accounts, as well as trust or custodial services for Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Associations, Internal Revenue Code Section 115 Trusts, services related to common remitter arrangements, custodial services for assets or insurance products held in qualified plans, contract holder of group annuity or group funding agreements, and servicing agent for retirement plans.
* Ensure compliance with appropriate banking, regulatory, and fiduciary standards.
* Vendor management oversight for both affiliated and unaffiliated vendors.
* Periodic (monthly, quarterly, and annual) reporting on vendor performance results.
* New business acceptance (e.g., review and execution of trust agreements, etc.).
* Ongoing review and maintenance of standard trust agreements.
* Quarterly reporting to internal committee responsible for monitoring the retirement trust business.
* Managing regulatory reporting requirements.
* Key participant in regulatory examinations, internal audits, and financial audits.
* Responsible for revenue collection and expense management.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree at a minimum.
* 8-10 years of trust services or relevant experience with regulatory governance and oversight.
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
* Strong facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills.
* Detail oriented with strong analytical and issue resolution skills.
* Strong planning and organization skills.
* Strong project management skill
* Does the incumbent in this job have direct accountability for staff supervision/management? No
* Does the incumbent in this job have budget accountability? No
* Is travel expected to perform this job? Yes, limited If so, what percentage of time will be spent traveling?