Direct warehousing, distribution and customer service activities, and assist in sales activities for the branch site by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform inventory control function for the branch. Minimize inventory levels while minimizing stock out rate.
* Coordinate distribution and warehousing activities in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by the Company.
* Schedule delivery trucks and drivers to destinations based on shipping requirements, cost, and delivery priorities. Ensure drivers' schedules are upheld.
* Proactively call weekly delivery customers, to take order and confirm delivery.
* Confirm deliveries and maintain appropriate inventory records; reconcile inventory.
* Inspect physical condition of warehouse and equipment; prepare work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
* Perform daily order entry and billing functions; generate shipping orders and invoices for mailing and initiate back orders.
* Monitor billings for accuracy and communicate with appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies or verify unusual items.
* Assist in daily and month end closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered into system.
* Assist current and prospective customers by providing pricing and product information.
* Ensure proper safety procedures are followed and that employees are properly trained and certified or licensed, as required.
* Actively engage in selling, up selling, and cross selling at the service counter or on the phone.
* Must have or have the willingness to obtain knowledge of the products sold and their uses.
* Develop plans for efficient use of materials, equipment, and employees.
* Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to UPS station or staging area; prepare parcels for mailing or UPS.
* Must be willing and able to do anything needed at the branch location.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervise warehouse, customer service and delivery staff. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; monitoring of overtime; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in conjunction with Regional Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors, Associate's, or Technical Degree or equivalent with four to six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel). Must have, learn or develop basic working knowledge of Company inventory software (training provided) within 60 days of start date.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have valid driver's license; helpful but not mandatory to have a CDL Class B license.Must obtain any State Pesticide Dealers License or equivalent within 3 months of hire date.Must hold or obtain Industrial Lift Truck Operators certification within 1 month of hire date.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, including translation of such to subordinates and peers. Writes routine reports and correspondence. Speaks effectively before employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Demonstrates independent practical problem solving.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Corporate Culture ? Must be willing and able to adhere to the standards and foster our Corporate Culture of Trust & Verify.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and asks for clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar. Reads, interprets and follows written information.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Ethics - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Earns trust of others; Works with integrity; Applies sound ethics to decisions; Upholds organizational values.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Inspires the trust of others; Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds repetitively and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Information We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer! EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Link to Federal employment poster: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.