Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking an Inset Lighting Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Windsor, CT facility.
Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products' systems comprise a wide range of solutions, applications, and products for critical airfield operational elements. At the forefront of airport lighting, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products expects excellence when responding to the demands of the industry - light by light, airport by airport - all across the world. Our products respond not only to the changing demands of our customers, but also the global shift toward computerized control and monitoring of lighting systems. With an eye to the future, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products illuminates the way.
The Inset Lighting Assembler will assemble inset lights and components by performing various tasks in a stationary work cell.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
You will assemble products using various hand tools according to specifications and standards. Tools may include but are not limited to hand operated power screwdrivers, hand screwdrivers, rivet machine, crimping tools, baggers, pliers, hammer, drift pin, nut runner, other hand tools, and protective safety and electrostatic dissipative equipment.
* You will adhere to production schedules as set by Supervisor or Team Lead and work from sample fixtures.
* You will handle and move parts from storage locations to work cell.
* You will assist Material Handler in obtaining parts as necessary.
* You will perform quality inspection throughout the assembly process, marking and setting aside parts which have obvious defects and informing Supervisor or Team Lead.
* You will maintain a clean and organized work area.
* You will perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Team Lead.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
* Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
* No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing in the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of Windsor, CT will be considered.
* This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
* Must be able to wear all Personal Protective Equipment required and comply with all Safety policies.
* Must be able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and other Production paperwork.
* Must be able to comprehend and follow instructions and train others accordingly.
* Must be able to identify that the components used meet quality standards.
* Must be able to apply Lean manufacturing principles to improve assembly operations.
* Must be able to complete required paperwork.
* Must be able to work overtime and be flexible when required.
* Must be flexible and willing to learn and perform a variety of tasks.
* A minimum of one (1) year of assembly experience in a manufacturing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.